Evolutionary Design by Computers
Table of contents (xx chapters)
Foreword by Richard Dawkins http://www0.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/P.Bentley/Foreword.html
INTRODUCTION: by Peter Bentley
1. Evolutionary Computation / Evolutionary Design / Problems in Evolutionary Design. http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~sequin/CS285/TEXT/EvolDesign.pdf
SECTION 1: Evolution and Design
2. Michael French: The Interplay of Evolution and Insight in Design.
3. Derek Gatherer: The Memetics of Design.
4. Dave Goldberg: The Race, the Hurdle, and the Sweet Spot: Lessons from Genetic Algorithms For the Automation of Design Innovation and Creativity.
5. Ian Parmee: Exploring the Design Potential of Evolutionary Search, Exploration and Optimization.
SECTION 2: Evolutionary Optimization of Designs
6. M. A. El-Beltagy & Andy Keane: Optimization in Mechanical Design. Gordon Robinson.
7. David Eby, R. C. Averill, William F. Punch III, Erik D. Goodman: The Optimization of Flywheels using an Injection Island Genetic Algorithm.
8. Mitsuo Gen and Jong Ryul Kim: GA-based Optimisation of Reliability Design.
SECTION 3: Evolutionary Art
9. Stephen Todd and William Latham: The Mutation and Growth of Art by Computers.
10. Michael Witbrock & Scott Neil Reilly: Evolving Genetic Art.
11. Andrew Rowbottom: Evolutionary Art and Form.
SECTION 4: Evolutionary Artificial Life
12. Hugo de Garis: Artificial Embryology and Cellular Differentiation.
13. Karl Sims: Evolving Three-Dimensional Morphology and Behaviour.
14. T. Broughton, Paul Coates, Helen Jackson: Exploring Three-Dimensional Design Worlds using Lindenmeyer Systems and Genetic Programming
SECTION 5: Creative Evolutionary Design
15. Mike Rosenman and John Gero: Evolving Designs by Generating Useful Complex Gene Structures.
16. John Koza, Forrest H Bennet III, David Andre, Martin A Keane: The Design of Analog Circuits by Means of Genetic Programming.
18. Peter Bentley: From Coffee Tables to Hospitals: Generic Evolutionary Design.